The Benefits of SPF Insulation in Your Commercial Building
- Reduces energy consumption: Sealing off air infiltration lowers heating and cooling costs. SPF insulation provides an R-Value of 3.6 per inch for open-cell urethane foam and 6.8 per inch for closed-cell urethane foam.
- Provides a seamless air barrier: It effectively seals cracks, crevices and seams, providing protection from drafts, air leakage, and the elements.
- Minimizes sound transmission: SPF sound-proofs as it insulates. It keeps building interiors quieter and reduces transmission of noise that can disturb other tenants.
- Restricts moisture transmission: SPF provides a vapor barrier, decreasing unwanted moisture leaks that promote the growth of mold, mildew, or fungus inside walls and ceilings.
More SPF Benefits
- Promotes better indoor air quality: SPF reduces the levels of airborne pollen, pollution, dust, allergens, and odors from outside. It can also be used to encapsulate mold and some types of asbestos when used in conjunction with remediation.
- Maintains building comfort: The foam expands to 120 times its initial volume, filling in holes, gaps, and spaces. Without air leaks, cooling and heating equipment doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Long-lasting for sustained savings: Unlike conventional insulation, SPF does not shrink, settle, shred or fall off over time. And, it doesn’t attract insects, birds or rodents.
- Environmentally friendly: Not only does SPF insulation reduce your carbon footprint, but it’s also safe and contains no formaldehyde or ozone-depleting substances.
Compliant with USDA, FDA Requirements
DFW Urethane offers a variety of SPF coatings to comply with building codes and government regulations. These include approved thermal and ignition barriers, and USDA- and FDA-approved coatings.
Contact us today to get a free estimate.
Insulation of Metal Buildings—Efficient, All-season Temperature Control
SPF insulation is the high-performance standard for environments where it is imperative to manufacture, create or store products at a constant temperature.
Because the tight air seal prevents conditioned air from escaping, your heating and cooling systems don’t have to work as hard to maintain the space. That means greater comfort and control, and lower utility costs.
Unlike fiberglass and cellulose, spray polyurethane foam insulation also provides a complete vapor barrier. This protection is essential for metal buildings, which frequently “sweat” in humid conditions, promoting the growth of mold and mildew.
SPF insulation is the smart choice for:
- Machine shops
- Commercial buildings
- Hobby shops
- Storage facilities
DFW Urethane also provides and applies the necessary coating, as required by local code or application.
Contact us today to get a free estimate.
Agriculture—Smarter Insulation for Plants and Animals
Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) provides superior insulation for agriculture, livestock, and other animals. Whether you are raising animals for sport or food, or you have temperature-sensitive crops, SPF insulation enables you to provide the right environment.
For this reason, SPF insulation is used almost exclusively in potato houses across the country. If a high-humidity environment is required in a specific area, such as a greenhouse or steam room, SPF will lock in needed moisture.
In open barns and stables, birds can dig or nest in fiberglass insulation. This causes it to fall into stalls or pens, where it can be eaten by the animals and make them sick. SPF is self-adhering and stays in place. It won’t sag, shred, fall off, or create airborne particles. And, unlike conventional insulation, it doesn’t attract birds, insects or rodents.
SPF Insulation Is a Great Solution for Many Agricultural Facilities
- Commercial farm buildings
- Horse stables
- Livestock barns and pens
- Commercial chicken coops
- Storm cellars
- Meatpacking plants
When required by city code or desired, DFW Urethane will install an approved thermal barrier or ignition barrier over the SPF installation. We also offer a white elastomeric rubber coating for aesthetic purposes.
Coolers—The Energy-Efficient Solution for Coolers and Freezers
SPF is the most cost-efficient, versatile, effective insulation available for coolers and freezers, maximizing cooling space while minimizing costs.
Applied with the proper elastomeric coating, spray foam insulation is food-safe and fully meets USDA and FDA requirements.
SPF creates a seamless air seal that maintains contents at the desired temperature. There are no laps, no seams, no leaks. SPF is used worldwide in refrigerated trucks and railcars, steel tank cars, open-top freezers, and ice chests.
An Inexpensive Alternative to Erecting Stainless Steel Coolers
We can spray the perimeter walls, ceiling, under the floor, and all around the inside of specific rooms or your entire building to insulate it. Simply add a refrigeration unit, and it serves as your cooler.
If your building has partition walls and multiple rooms, sprayed and refrigerated rooms can be operated at different temperatures.
Foam insulation can be sprayed to the bottom of the roof deck so you can store more product without wasted space.
Unlike the rubber gaskets used in pre-manufactured coolers, foam insulation does not leak air over time.