Lose the leaks and gain energy efficiency
Insulate as you add life to your metal building
The typical metal roof includes thousands of screws and seams. Here in the Sunbelt, it will endure ongoing cycles of intense heat and cooling, resulting in constant expansion and contraction. This thermal movement causes fasteners to wear out and seams to leak, creating a never-ending, high-cost maintenance headache.
DFW Urethane comes to the rescue with the longest-lasting and most trouble-free system for metal roofs: spray polyurethane foam (SPF). Spray foam roofing creates a lightweight, seamless, watertight seal that also serves as insulation. It is covered with a high-performance elastomeric coating that reflects light and radiant heat. So, roof temperatures are far lower – and so are your utility bills, if the space is air-conditioned.
A durable system with no downtime for installation
Applying spray foam extends the life of your existing metal roof. Extreme temperatures can’t penetrate, which means less movement – and no leaking. And, the SPF system is a renewable roofing system, sprayed in place over your existing roof. There’s no interruption to your business or exposure of building contents.
Added benefits of spray foam roofing for metal roofs:
- Significantly increases thermal insulation – adds an R-Value of 7 per inch of foam applied. Applying an average 1.5 inches thickness adds an average R-Value of 11.
- Easier to maintain a constant, comfortable environment for employees
- Lightweight – no need to peel off the existing roof
- Stops corrosion and building damage
- Helps soundproof buildings – ideal near highways and airports
- Boosts structural strength and adds rigidity
- Provides environmental benefits, including LEED certification points
No wonder so many building owners and facility managers rely on DFW Urethane to retrofit their metal roofs in Dallas, Fort Worth and across North Texas.
DFW Urethane installs SPF on all types of corrugation and standing-seam roofs. We follow these steps:
- Prepare the roof by power washing the existing metal.
- Treat rusted areas with spot primer and replace missing screws.
- Spray insulating polyurethane foam over the entire roof, directly to the metal.
- Cover the foam with a two- or three-coat high-performance elastomeric coating system.
- Both 10- and 15-year manufacturer’s warranties are available on this system.
If your metal roof has skylights, we can replace them or design new skylights to address your needs. We also offer a complete insulation package that provides a high-tech building envelope. Learn more
Rely on the commercial roofing company in Texas with decades of experience installing spray polyurethane roofs. Discover why DFW Urethane has earned the highest ratings for performance and customer satisfaction from the Del Webb School of Construction at Arizona State University. Contact us today!