Commercial Roofing Project
L-3 Communications, located at Majors Airport in Greenville, Texas, rebuilds and updates military and government aircraft. We were brought in for a project that would last more than one year and spanned 1.2 million square feet of metal roofing on multiple buildings. The L-3 facility is highly secured, and even works on Air Force One. This meant working around their schedule when important aircraft were onsite. In addition, we were required to have individuals on-hand who were dedicated to making sure debris was removed immediately from the premises to avoid disrupting or damaging the aircraft.
This complex project presented several challenges to the DFW Urethane team:
- The need to apply a roofing system to nearly every type of known metal roof design
- Dealing with a closed facility, where every person has to pass security and background checks in order to enter
- Days when the team was unable to work because of the presence of high-level government personnel
- Working in close proximity to all types of military aircraft, which posed an overspray risk of great concern to L-3’s facility personnel
- A roofing operation that required working through all four seasons
DFW overcame each obstacle while working closely with our L-3 Communications clients and keeping the lines of communication open at all times. We met all of their commercial roofing expectations on this operation and we continue to partner with L-3 to provide them with years of problem-free roofing. Subsequent projects at L-3’s Greenville facility include making repairs to our roofs damaged by other contractors; sealing in new penetrations; making client-requested changes; insulating several interior buildings; and sealing a containment pit.